Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Good Fats Recipe

The benefits of coconut oil are controversial but hey, it's a simple ingredient that is not processed. Coconut oil has many uses; good to rub all over your skin, shines the hair (I know it's good but makes mine just greasy) and one does need to eat some fat, better to get it from a coconut than bacon grease.  Avocados are a great source of Omega 3 fats and are just yummy.

I'm trying to consume more coconut oil for various health reasons.  I put a couple tablespoons in my smoothies and the new rage is in coffee. It does taste good, but I'll stick to black.  My favorite is popping popcorn on the stove in coconut oil...the possibilities are endless.


Avocado Coconut Oil Guacamole...
AKA The Good Fats Recipe

Serves 1

Three simple ingredients:

1 avocado, smashed
2 T. coconut oil
Salt to taste

Combine and mixa mixa mixa, presto you've got it.

I used cauliflower to dip it in. It was awesome.
Image may contain: food


If only bacon grease were a healthy fat.

Let me know if you make this and if you thought it was yummy!

What good fats do you eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment