Friday, April 27, 2018

Beans and Mush Recipe

Sounds yummy, right?!

I love me some beans and cornbread!

No one else in this family shares this love.

I came up with an easy version.  Cornbread is time consuming so I substituted mush, or corn grits or the fancy word, polenta..whatever you want to call it...it's yummy.

Beans and Mush Recipe


1 can great northern beans NOT drained
1/2 cup prepared mush
2 T. chopped onion
Ketchup to taste (2 T)
Salt if needed
2 T. sugar (optional) I like it sweet.  Maybe use maple syrup or honey? Haven't tried that yet.

Heat beans in pan.  Then mix all the ingredients together.

Image may contain: food
This is grits, mush, polenta, corn meal.  I ate the beans and mush too fast to take a pic!


A go to breakfast for me is warm grits and maple syrup.  I feel so southern when I eat it!

Will you dare to try this?

Comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment