Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Moo Moo Prayers

Last week my neighbor was weaning her calves.  Three days straight, night and day, we heard the cries of the mothers and calves in their separation.  Got me thinking about prayer.

Oh those pathetic moos...

It hit me "that's exactly how I sound when I pray!"  "God, why did this happen, give me this, Jesus, why can't you heal this person, Holy Spirit, I need your wisdom"...mooooo, mooooo, mooooo.  My pathetic wailings and ramblings sound like those cows.

Even though my 'moos' may be annoying to me, they are never to God. He tells us to 'moo' to him.   

 "...pray continually" 1 Thessalonians 5:17

"Whatever you ask for in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith."                                            Matthew 21:22  

"Ask, and it will be given you, seek, and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to who knocks it will be opened."        Matthew 7:7-8

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."  Philippians 4:6-7

Those are just verses from the top of my head. I'm sure there's plenty more that's in the Good Book.  He WANTS to hear from us. God, the Almighty, cares about us, every little thing we care about, He cares about.  

He answers our 'moos.'  Not always in the way we want because he knows a better way.  Just recently I've had a HUGE prayer answered.  My prayer of mooing has turned into a prayer of thanksgiving that sounded like the song of a beautiful bird. 

Peace in prayer

Now the mama cows and calves have calmed down. They are weaned and a sound of peace and quiet is in the air. I can't count how many times I feel a supernatural peace when I come out of prayer. Peace is a gift of the Holy Spirit.  We can always use that gift.

Psalm 131:1-2 "My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me.  But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child I am content."

So offer up those moo moo prayers, God cares for you.


Me and the cows

Have you recently had a prayer answered? Don't forget to sing a songbird prayer of thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment